Town of Mentor New Trucks
2017 Year In Review – Letter from the Town of Mentor Chairman
Dear Residents of the Town of Mentor,
It can be challenging for a small town like ours to successfully meet all the towns needs for road repair, culvert upgrades, ordinance enforcement, garbage collection services, the upcoming snow removal, and improving the towns park for all to enjoy.
Although challenging it was not impossible and through the hard work, dedication, and generosity of our board members, town residents, town organizations, and businesses, I’m proud to share with you some the noteworthy accomplishments for 2017
- 9 culverts were replaced and 2 lowered or repaired
- The town also did more blacktopping. The largest stretch was Fairview road
- The Christmas tree on the hill was totally outfitted with new LED lights and was turned on for the season on Friday, Nov. 17. I would like to thank Scott Sanders and his party (Humbird Fun Day Committee) that did most of the work to help keep our 60 year tradition alive.
- The town park underwent an extensive landscaping project. Major work was done which included removing old trees, trucking in loads of topsoil and fill, new trees were planted, shrubs and bushes were installed, and the beach received new sand. I would like to extend a sincere thank you to Northern Family Christmas Trees for their generous donation of trees, bushes and shrubs and their installment. Also, Wisconsin Proppants for donating all the sand and top soil. Because of these donations it made this project very cost effective. We are very grateful to have such thoughtful business as our neighbors.
- Because of the high repair costs of the town’s trucks, the town decided to purchase 2 new trucks. The previous trucks were just too old to handle the required jobs and some of the required repairs couldn’t even been done due to the age and shape of the vehicles. The town will notice that the new trucks will be able to accomplish many more projects in a more efficient and timely manner with new employee process put in place.
- The town has signed another contract extension with Advanced Disposal. By signing on with Advanced Disposal this was a huge cost savings to the Town of Mentor. Their collection method has changed, and each resident has received their own garbage can to accommodate the collection
- It was decided that it was time to enact and follow through in having all town ordinances enforced. Much improvement has been accomplished in this regard. The board is continually working on updating all the town ordinances
Again, I’d like to say how proud I am of everyone who helped make these 2017 accomplishments. I also hope that our town residents feel the same way. On behalf of the Town Board I would like to thank you, the Town of Mentor residents for continually giving me the opportunity to serve you.
Have a Very Merry Christmas along with a safe and Happy New Year
Thank you – Timothy Gile, Town Chairman
Breakfast with Santa and Candy Cane Hunt on Dec 9th
Bluff Tree Lights Chili Feed Fundraiser
Join us on Nov 17th between 4-8pm to enjoy the tree lighting ceremony and some homemade Chili and baked goods. All donations will be used to maintain the new lighting system and pay for the electric bill. read more….
Public Budget Hearing
Notice is hereby given that on Wednesday November 14, 2017 at 6 p.m., before the regular monthly town board meeting, in the Mentor Town Hall. A Public Hearing on the Proposed 2018 Budget for the Town of Mentor, Clark County, will be held. The proposed budget in detail will be available for inspection by contacting the Town Clerk.
Click here >> FULL NOTICE << to see the full notice.
If you need the Town to plow the snow in your driveway this winter then contact the Town Clerk. Cost of snowplowing this season is $150 and must be paid by Nov 15th.
Clark County Clean Sweep Sept 29th
Clark County is holding a Clean Sweep on Friday Sept 29th. Pre-registration is required. Click here to view all the details.
Humbird Funday is Aug 19th
Emerson Lake (The Humbird Pond)
Your Town Website
Welcome everyone to the new Town Of Mentor website. If you live in the Town Of Mentor then this is your town website.
Here you will find helpful information regarding the town. Whether you’re looking for board member contact info, the latest Town meeting minutes, or even the most recent trash schedule, you can find it here.
If you don’t find what you’re looking for then just let me know so we can get it added.
Tim Gile – Chairman